Republican No More

Once upon a time, I was a good little Republican who voted for George Bush I, Bob Dole and even GWB. Then I got smart. Now I'm just pissed off.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan

I'm fascinating. Enough said.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Someone Missed Kindergarten

Obviously, my esteemed Senator, Billy Boy, missed out on the important lessons in kindergarten where we were taught to share and try to get along with others? Instead of trying to be diplomatic and compromise, he's decided that it makes more sense to stand firm and refuse to compromise on the judiciary nomintaions.

Now, normally, I'm all about standing firm on principle, but when you're just doing it to be an ass? Well, that's sort of annoying. Or when you're just doing it to whip the extremist voters into a frenzy, it's stupid. When you're doing it just to be in some sort of pissing match because you can, it's just the living end of arrogance. Obviously Bill was too busy transplanting hearts and not voting to remember what happened when the Democrats were all about the power and it came back to bite them. Hate that for him.

Polls show that there isn't exactly an overwhelming support for this plan, so I'm still not sure why he insists on putting all his eggs in this rickety basket. It's as if the great Republican minds in Washington have a great think tank meeting each week and deliberately think up ways to alienate the moderates within the party. As if they take some sort of masochistic delight in slicing off great hunks of their support by embracing utterly repugnant causes...just because they can?? I can't even begin to imagine why they do it.

And Tennessee's other Senator is evidently mute on the point. I've not heard one word from Lamar! on the topic. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but it would be nice to know if he's gone totally off the deep end, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jolene said...

I don't even want to know what Dobson would say about my senators.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

I'm sure that Dr. Dobson has bad man thoughts about Dr. Frist, but he'd never admit them.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home