Republican No More

Once upon a time, I was a good little Republican who voted for George Bush I, Bob Dole and even GWB. Then I got smart. Now I'm just pissed off.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, Afghanistan

I'm fascinating. Enough said.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Oh, spare me!

I keep getting the Bible spouted off to me on our local newspaper board and it makes me want to SCREAM! What in the WORLD does the Bible have to do with politics?!?! Why! Why! WHY?!?! When did this happen? I don't understand. It's as if I'm Rip Van Winkle and I fell asleep for too long and now I'm awake in some bizzarro right wing freako world. Every day, it seems to get worse instead of better.

I'm so effing tired of hearing about values and principles I could just vomit. Profusely and projectilely. I mean, the same people who are off screwing God only knows who and taking money for God only knows what have the audacity to try and tell me that they should be the moral leaders of our nation? I don't elect moral to vote on moral matters. I elect people to vote on how to best spend my tax money and to best represent my interests. If I want morals, I go to church or I read books and think for myself. I sure as HELL don't turn to people who get their ideas from the latest poll or think tank.

Somebody pinch me. Please. Surely this is a nightmare.

4 Comments:

Blogger Buggy said...

Kimmah!
You vent so well, I love it!
Sadly, no one is representing the interests of the moderate Republicans anymore.
I'm so glad you started this blog.

3:14 PM  
Blogger gothmog said...

You've piqued my curiosity several times in the past by complaining about this local message board--enough for me to find it and see the broohaha for myself. I have to admit, I don't think I could survive around such people. Is this attitude the norm in your neck of the woods? Or only among people who feel so inclined to post on a local message board?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Kimmah said...

They are not the norm that I have encountered...at least not in converstation. I'm sure there are people out there that think that way, jsut like in every community. I don't generally find people to be this obnoxious in my every day dealings. Religious, yed. Republican, yes. Bigoted, ignorant and stupid? no.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Sasha said...

projectilely is a terrific adverb

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home